Daniel Bagley is fortunate to have a community of families who give time and resources generously to help make the PTA successful. Participating in your child’s school is a great way to meet other families, to use your skills to benefit the school, and to have some fun. There are many ways to get involved. These can come in the form of donations of your time and talents, or in the form of financial participation.
All volunteers must complete the volunteer application process.
Here is a list of our current needs as of September 10, 2018 :
- Classroom Liaisons – The responsibilities of a classroom Liaison can vary widely from room to room. Example tasks may include being a communication link between the teacher and other parents, organize room parties, solicit classroom volunteers for reading, math, etc., reaching out to new families in the classroom. You will work with your teacher to define your role based on their specific needs. Year long, one or two parents per classroom.
- Clip n’ Chat – Join other parents as we work on teacher projects and assemble the weekly “kid mail.” Drop in when you’re able – Thursdays, 7:55-9:55 am on the second floor stairway work tables.
- Early Reader Tutoring Program – Volunteers needed to be reading tutors for kindergarten and first grade Bagley students. Tutors will work one-on-one with 3-4 students each week. Tutors will participate in a 1-1/2 hour training in the fall during which they will be given specific materials and techniques to use to support students with skills at their individual reading level. Tutors need to commit to approximately 1 hour each week starting in November working with students throughout the school year.
- Event Assistance – Help with hosting or baking for small events such as the first day Welcome Coffee, Bake Sales, breakfast/lunch for teachers during training days, etc.
- Evergreen Sales – Help with the marketing, ordering and distribution of wreaths during this annual fundraiser. November/December, 2 – 4 hours/week.
- Family Fun Nights – Help with planning the PTA’s annual Family Fun Nights, including the Family Game, Literacy, Math, and Movie Nights. This is a great way to do a little or a lot depending on the amount of time you have available.
- Harvest Hootenanny – Man your stations! Help man a game station at this carnival style fall party. Many hands are needed to run game stations, host the bake sale, and also for set-up and break-down. Event date is Friday October 26, 2018.
- Jogathon – Help with this important PTA fundraiser. There are many tasks to be done either prior to or during the week of Jogathon, Friday September 28, 2018 – or many volunteer opportunities on the morning of the event.
- Library Helpers – Spend 20-30 minutes checking in and shelving library books.
- Lunchroom Support – Assist in the lunchroom by helping students learn the lunchtime routine. Our kindergartners benefit greatly from this support. Lunchroom Support can be a 1-day per week commitment.
- Outdoor Classroom & Learning Garden – Assist your child’s classroom teacher by helping students to prep, plant, water and harvest in the outdoor classroom garden.
- Playground Support – Assist on the playground before school from 7:30-7:50 so that children coming early can get their wiggles out and be ready for class! Additional support is needed during recess to help the playground monitor. Playground Support can be a 1-day per week commitment.
For more information on any of these jobs, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.