Daniel Bagley is fortunate to have a community of families who give time and resources generously to help make the PTA successful. Participating in your child’s school is a great way to meet other families, to use your skills to benefit the school, and to have some fun. There are many ways to get involved. These can come in the form of donations of your time and talents, or in the form of financial participation.
There are many on-going opportunities including:
- Art Walk – Serve on the committee that coordinates the annual student art show/ potluck in May or June. Hang artwork, setup tables for potluck, help recruit volunteer help, etc.
- Book Fair – Help set up and sell books during the yearly book fair events to raise funds for the school library.
- Classroom Liaisons – Be the contact person for your child’s individual classroom when information is needed for PTA functions. Year long, one or two parents per classroom.
- Clip n’ Chat – Join other parents as we work on teacher projects and assemble the weekly “kid mail.” Drop in when you’re able – Thursdays, 7:55-9:55 am on the second floor stairway work tables.
- Event Assistance – Help with hosting or baking for small events such as the first day Welcome Coffee, Principal’s Coffee, breakfast/lunch for teachers during training days, etc.
- Evergreen Sales – Help with the marketing, ordering and distribution of wreaths during this annual fundraiser. November/December, 2 – 4 hours/week.
- Family Emergency Support – The PTA has limited funds in the budget to provide emergency assistance to families in crisis. Coordinate with the school office staff and Bethany church to prepare for and respond to families in need. Collect and maintain supplies in the pantry at Bethany church, purchase gift cards as needed, and serve as liaison between the church, school office staff, and the PTA. Keep all requests confidential and handle any personal information with discretion.
- Family Fun Nights – Help with planning the PTA’s annual Family Fun Nights, including the Family Game, Literacy, Math, and Movie Nights. This is a great way to do a little or a lot depending on the amount of time you have available.
- Finance / Budget – Assist the Co-Treasurers with budget planning, tracking or auditing.
- Free Money Program – Assist the coordinator in marketing and organizing this valuable fundraising program. Need volunteers to sell scrip at events year long and collect, count and submit Boxtops.
- Giving Campaign – Help with our largest annual fundraising effort. You can also help plan the adults-only, post-campaign celebration.
- Grounds Maintenance – Help keep the school’s ground looking clean and fresh all year. Attend periodic weeding parties. Opportunities are year round.
- Jogathon – Help with this important PTA fundraiser. There are many tasks to be done either prior to or during the week of Jogathon, or many volunteer opportunities on the morning of the event.
- Kindergarten Tours – Serve as tour guide during the open enrollment period. Short orientation recommended. January/February/March, 3-6 hours.
- Outdoor Classroom & Learning Garden – Assist your child’s classroom teacher by helping students to prep, plant, water and harvest in the outdoor classroom garden.
- PTA Meeting Childcare Coordinator – Manage scheduling and communication with our teen babysitters, supervisor, and parents. Year round, 1-2 hours every other month.
- Reading Tutors – Work with Bagley’s early readers. Training and materials will be provided. Training in the fall and then 1-2 hours weekly.
- Staff Appreciation – Assist with this annual spring event honoring our teachers/staff. Deliver flowers, coffee, help set up luncheon. May, 1-3 hours.
- Writing/Editing – Write occasional articles for Bagley Buzz newsletter and/or assist with other PTA publications. Year-round.
- Yearbook Photographers – Yearbook coordinator is seeking 2-4 people to take photos at school events. Year-round.
For more information on any of these jobs, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.