Bee Supportive – Donate Today!
Why We Raise Money for Bagley
Check out the annual fundraising calendar for the PTA activities that raise money to support Daniel Bagley in a variety of ways including:
- Salaries for K-1 classroom tutors
- Salary subsidy to increase nurse’s time
- Response to Intervention staff salary subsidies for math and reading
- 5th grade camp transportation
- $1,400 for Special Education classroom expenses
- Release time for special education (to meet one-on-one with teachers)
- $8,100 in classroom teaching supplies (18 classroom teachers and all special education teachers)
- $9,700 for the “Visiting Artists” program (vocal music and drama)
- $5,000 for classroom field trips
- $4,200 for supplies to the art room, gymnasium and library
- $1,000 for an Emergency Fund for families in crisis and disaster preparedness
- $1,000 for Family Fun Nights (Math Night, Movie Night, All School Welcome)
The Daniel Bagley PTA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Every dollar of a direct donation is tax-deductible and may be eligible for matching contributions from participating employers. Check to see if your company offers a matching donation program. Donations to Bagley PTA may be submitted through the school’s front office at any time.
Understandably, not everyone is able to make a financial contribution. Our school and PTA can always use your time. There are many opportunities for all of us to volunteer, whether it is in the classroom, on the playground or helping organize fundraising activities.
Daniel Bagley’s Free Money Program earns more than $10,000 a year for our PTA. The best part about the Free Money program is that it is for shopping that you do anyway. Here are some ways that you can help:
Collect for Us
Please put the following in the Free Money bins located at the entrance to school:
- Campbell’s Labels for Education
- Printer Cartridges
- Ballard Market Receipts
By first clicking on these links, DBE will earn a percentage of your purchases. This really adds up!
Swipe Your Loyalty Cards
- Register your loyalty cards and swipe them every time you shop:
- Safeway Club Card – register on www.escrip.com and www.elabelsforeducation.com
- Bartell’s “B” Caring Card – register on www.escrip.com
- QFC Advantage Card – register on www.elabelsforeducation.com
- Fred Meyer – register on https://www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards
Use Scrip Cards
Scrip cards are just like gift cards. Daniel Bagley PTA buys them at a discount from the retailers and sells them to our families at face value. The difference (between 1% and 18%) is what the Free Money Program earns.
- PCC Cards – We sell $20 PCC gift cards; the These cards are rechargeable at the PCC register, so that we can earn Free Money all year long!
- Scrip Now! – Register at www.shopwithscrip.com to purchase ScripNow! vouchers from hundreds of retailers that are available instantly. You can use these in stores or online.
Thanks for your help! Every little bit counts and can help us reach our overall goal. Please contact me with any questions!.
Camille Heinen, Free Money Coordinator.
Each fall students participate in the Jogathon. It is a healthy activity for the kids and a terrific opportunity for family, friends and neighbors to support the school by pledging an amount per lap or making a flat donation.
Get discounts from local merchants, resources, neighborhood maps, and more. A portion of each Chinook Book sale comes back to Bagley. Books are available September through November.
Do you typically purchase a wreath, garland or swag to decorate for the holidays? Consider purchasing through Bagley and encourage your friends, family and neighbors to do the same. A portion of each sale comes back to the school. Order forms will be sent through Kid Mail in October, with items available at the end of November.
“Bee Supportive” Direct Appeal
The Bee Supportive! Giving Campaign, is a two-week, fundraising drive held annually in March and is the largest PTA fundraising effort! Money raised supports Bagley staff and the extras that give our kids a strong, well-rounded education.