Guidelines for Classroom Liaisons
Thank you for volunteering to be a Classroom Liaison at Daniel Bagley. Classroom Liaisons play a very important role in our school life and help make our children’s experience a much richer one.
The responsibilities of a classroom Liaison can vary widely from room to room. Communicating with your child’s teacher about their needs and expectations is essential. Checking in with them a few times a year is also a good idea for a successful partnership. Example tasks may include:
- Be a communication link between the teacher and other parents
- Organize room parties
- Solicit classroom volunteers for reading, math, etc.
- Reach out to new families in the classroom
- Gather materials and volunteers for special classroom projects
- Solicit field trip chaperones
- Other projects as needed and to be determined…
Please make sure you check-in first with your teacher for specific tasks.
Thank you again for volunteering your time and energy!