New Limited Bagley Spirit Wear – Order yours now!
Posts by :
Registration for on-site After School Enrichment classes through Kids Co has been extended through Sunday, October 7th.
Sign up now to take advantage of exciting new classes.
Curious about the budget? Here is the copy of the 2018-19 budget.
Want to help determine the budget?
Join the Budget Survey Committee!
- Only 2-3 meetings in the spring
- Help decide how your money is spent
Email your friendly co-treasurers Collins Grossman and Veronica Kirchoff to join the committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Forms are now available!
Chinook Books are available to order!
Order forms came home last week and is a great way to orders from neighbors, friends and family. Another option is to purchase online at the below link.
This year there is an option available to purchase a Chinook Book for a Bagley staff. What a great way to show appreciation for their hard work!
*** All orders for printed books will be sent home with the Bagley Student for distribution ***
Enrollment starts Monday September 24, 2018!
We are excited to announce the schedule for this fall’s after school enrichment program.
The classes are provided by Kids Co. who currently run the after-school care and enrichment program at Cascadia Elementary and Decatur Elementary.
For details on the after-school enrichment program, please see their introductory letter (including the fall course schedule).
Registration will start Monday September 24, 2018 and forms will be available here on the Daniel Bagley PTA website by the end of the week.
For questions, please reach out to your ASP Liaison (Claire Chalfen) at email@example.com
For those of you that would like to plan ahead, our 2018-19 fundraising calendar can be found here.
Less than 2 weeks away!
If you have not done so already, it is time to mark your calendars for this year’s annual Jogathon!! This fun-filled event is scheduled for Friday, September 28th, beginning at 9:30 AM at Lower Woodland Track.
The Jogathon is one of the main fundraisers for the Daniel Bagley PTA. It is a great time and provides a lot of excitement for everyone involved. Groups of volunteers and supporters join the kids as they challenge themselves and encourage each other to walk and jog around the course for 50 minutes. Typically our students collectively run more than 10,000 laps roughly the distance from Seattle to Las Vegas! Money raised from the Jogathon pledges provides support for art, music, health and fitness, the library, classroom tutors and family fun nights.
Pledge sheets and permission slip forms were sent out in your child’s backpack at the end of last week. Every child will need a signed permission slip in order to attend the event even if they are not running. Permission slips are due to your child’s teacher by September 25th!
Online donations can be made through:
- your My School Anywhere account, under “store” or,
- by clicking the Donate on the Daniel Bagley PTA Fundraising page
Also please consider volunteering to help out on the day of the event. There are a variety of fun volunteer opportunities available – just visit the Jogathon SignUp Genius to secure your spot! We encourage everyone to come out and cheer, volunteer or run a lap or two with the kids!
Thank you in advance for your support of this great event!
Your 2018 Jogathon Co-Chairs,
Amanda Stansfield (firstname.lastname@example.org) Dragana Lassiter (email@example.com)
School Supply List for Daniel Bagley Elementary is posted on the school website. Click Here
We are excited to announce some changes to the Bagley After-School Program (ASP)! ASP offers enrichment classes at the school five days a week. In the past, classes included Spanish, chess, coding, piano, sports, choir, clay, watercolor, cooking, music, broadcast journalism, and more!
The program is enormously popular and has grown over time. In the past, it was administered entirely by PTA volunteers and we are incredibly thankful to those volunteers who made it happen! The time finally came to find someone to take over this big job. The Associated Recreation Council, the nonprofit partner of Seattle Parks and Recreation, has agreed to run the program starting this fall. This change in administration means a few changes for families participating in these classes:
- Registration: Registration is not open yet. It will be online through the SPARC Be sure to sign up for an account now if you don’t already have one! We will update this page and send an announcement to the V-List when registration is open.
- Class schedule:There will be three sessions–fall, winter, and spring–and each will run for approximately 9 to 12 weeks depending on the class. Fall classes will begin in late September. There will be no classes on holidays, no-school days, or early dismissal days. The class list will be available soon.
- How it works: At 3:40, students will gather in the cafeteria, where a monitor will check them in and provide a snack. At 4pm they will go to their respective classes until 4:50.
- NEW: This year, there will be an option to sign up for two classes back to back. The second class will start at 5pm and will probably be geared toward homework help or playground time.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.